Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have a court date set for today which I didn't know about…

Customer Question
Hi there! I have...

Hi there! I have a court date set for today which I didn't know about until yesterday. I was arrested for a public intoxication back in march.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

GA

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, I had been trying to see if a date had been set for months but every time I called I never got ahold of anyone that could help and when I searched it online could t find anything either. Until I checked my mail

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was guilty of the charge unfortunately but my main concern is getting it off my record for future job applications

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/7/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Ok thank you

Great thanks! Just a moment...Remember, if you get an automatic phone call request and you would not like a phone call, you’re welcome to reject the offer.

Ely, Counselor at Law