Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a court date set for today which I didn't know about

Customer Question

Hi there! I have a court date set for today which I didn't know about until yesterday. I was arrested for a public intoxication back in march.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: GA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I had been trying to see if a date had been set for months but every time I called I never got ahold of anyone that could help and when I searched it online could t find anything either. Until I checked my mail
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was guilty of the charge unfortunately but my main concern is getting it off my record for future job applications
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you

Great thanks! Just a moment...Remember, if you get an automatic phone call request and you would not like a phone call, you’re welcome to reject the offer.