Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

In tried to press charges because I came positive for

Customer Question
herpes2. He never disclosed. I...
in tried to press charges because I came positive for herpes2. He never disclosed. I have proof from his medical record. Indiana won't press.charges because it is not heptB, hiv or aids. I just cannot believe someone might get away with this and I am stuck with this formlifem please help!
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/7/2017
Criminal Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You can still sue him in a civil suit.Have you considered that as an option.You would have to sue in Indiana and seek recovery.It is a terrible shame what was done it you.I am so sorry and you may want to consider such a civil suit for all your harm here.You can seek damages including legal fees with lawyer where the person is located.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

But I live in Florida I can't drive 19hrs to file a suit.

You wold need an Indiana lawyer to file suit for you and seek recovery.You want one that would take thiscontingent fee where you don't pay until there is a recovery.

Neither my ex or I are wealthy. We are every day working people. In worried I will be stuck with this medical bills for life
of I live in Florida now I cannot file suit from here?

No since he is there and this all occurred there have to sue where he is at.

I can't seem to have any luck finding an attorney. Indiana filed a report but no charges will be pressed because they don't consider it to be a crime. My life is affected formic because of someone's negligence and deceit

Lawyer Referral Service in Indiana

The State of Indiana has several different lawyer referral services sponsored by local bar associations throughout the state. The lawyer referral services will pre-screen attorneys for their good standing before the Indiana State Bar and their experience in a given practice area.

Visit the links below to find out more information about the service offered by each county or city level bar association.

Allen County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
Website: http://www.allencountybar.org/Community%20Services/lrs.aspx
Fort Wayne, IN
Phone:(###) ###-####br />
The Allen County Bar Association (ACBA) does not take walk-in clients for lawyer referrals. Instead, you can call the service to receive the referral to a qualified attorney in Allen County, Indiana.

Evansville Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
Website: https://www.evvbar.org/lrs/referral.aspx
Evansville, IN
Phone:(###) ###-####br />
The Lawyer Referral Service of the Evansville Bar Association serves Evansville and the surrounding areas in Vanderburgh County, Posey County, and Warrick County, Indiana.

Indianapolis Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
Website: http://www.indybar.org/community/lawyer-referral-service/
Indianapolis, IN
Phone:(###) ###-####br />
The Lawyer Referral Service of the Indianapolis Bar Association serves Marion County, Hamilton County, Hancock County, Johnson County, Hendricks County, and Boone County, Indiana.

Lake County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
Website: http://www.lakecountybar.com
291 W. 84th Drive
Merrillville, IN 46410
Phone:(###) ###-####br />
The Lake County Bar Association has a public membership directory that can be filtered by category or practice area. It also sponsors a Lawyer Referral Service that serves Lake County and Porter County, Indiana.

St. Joseph County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
Website: http://stjoebar.org
South Bend, IN
Phone:(###) ###-####br />
The St. Joseph County Bar Association

Keep trying here more lawyer referral.