Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Wondering if idaho would extradite from Washington 3-4 hrs…

Customer Question
Wondering if idaho would...

Wondering if idaho would extradite from Washington 3-4 hrs away misdemaner bench warrant DO 2nd offense

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

It was issued in July 2016 moscow idaho considering moving to ones lake Washington currently residing in kingman az where they don't extradite for it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No I went to first appearance but the when the charge happened I had just been found by a domestic violence relationship I was fleeing so I had to again run I wasn't going to wait for him to get out

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/7/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 9 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

States do not extradite for misdemeanors. The process is too costly. Idaho is not going to pay to send a team of officers to come get you. That said, you ought to consider dealing with the warrant. Even if you never set foot in Idaho for the rest of your life, an active warrant can make your life very inconvenient. It can cost you your driving privileges, for example. It can hurt you when you look for housing or employment. It can keep you from getting certain government benefits like social security, unemployment.

Extradition is not a worry. But there's plenty else to be concerned about.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.