Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have a fiancé that has had some conflicts of interests…

Customer Question
I have a fiancé...

I have a fiancé that has had some conflicts of interests with his probation officer ips. He admitted to drug use and asked for help the po told him let's try IOP then in patient if that did not work. The day before IOP he was arrested for stealing ridiculously a candy bar we go there often and have 600$ in food stamps I don't understand why this matter was not brought to a head the many times after supposed incident when we went in there or why the police did not just trust pass him. He offered to pay it back but how is it his fault constantly distracted clerks didn't ring it up. He had a 2 liter in one hand and a giant polar pop in the other giving him no choice but to put them under his arm. A week later we pulled up as normal they said he was being detained he is on IPS and they went to look at the "footage" which both parties should have an entitlement to see. Well this led further his drug problem was there they found meth in a gum wrapper I over heard one cop telll seargent this isn't enough to field test what are we going to do? They indeed had cop cams on and I witnessed as well as the store cam above us. We have asked many times for these videos from his attorney public defender she has no interest in this case and now she gets his probation violation case too and has expressed dislike for defendant. This crazy story goes on so I bailed him out but before I did I asked his po would you be willing to tell the judge your rehabilitation statements that you came to terms with defendant on? He said absolutely. While defendant was in jail they claim he slipped off his cuffs got into the evidence bag and swallowed the evidence and put cuffs back on does that not take a key? and called emts they said that he had not swallowed anything. I have a few thoughts on this where is this video they speak of and why would defendant with trained police not be in a proper holding cell. Also why was the evidence bag left out in an unsafe location? Also as I witnessed the younger cop say we don't have enough to field test and his superior told him to be quiet could they have done that to save themselves from trouble? It is the laws duty to follow appropriate procedure not to blame a defendant of doing something almost impossible. Could they have found it gone or lost it? I'm not sure but what I do know is as is every discovery it does not add up again I am a witness. I have asked numerous times to be able to speak on his behalf. The attorney didn't even know the facts of the case nor did she give him vital information of paperwork. So time goes on and his po looked for any way to arrest him after his stint in jail with the handcuff incident he pulled his life together clean UAS IOP and on his own time meetings and church. This po which defendant lIrving in a new home with his family out of the toxic environment from the past with opportunities ( which he could never get because he became an obsession) had us drive 50 minutes to see him every day only to degrade his progress no resources no tools for success I have him on recording. Apparently to this po when defendant was very proud and rightly so of first clean UA the po said that wasn't enough and has said things such as you are not worth a bus pass. We went in one day and defendant had a warrantless arrest from this po giving a direct complaint. As he was being arrested I revealed I had beven recording him all along and I was going for his job. I never saw him personally again neither did defendant. So the next po we see is best friends with first po again I said this is a conflict of interest give him someone who can help him. Thinking that these people could think hmm we don't get along I'm not good for him he's not good for me and would have a morale compass. Of course not they used their power as a weapon of mass destruction that defendant had to constantly fight to keep his sobriety and family together with a baby on the way. Bringing closer to the ending that first po control

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Statute 13-9-17

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes his first one that he liked she said if he pleas misdemeanor that it's only 6 months the max jail time but he still has his po ***** *****ging over his head violating for something that happened 4 months prior drug use which he asked for help he has a picture of defendant in his worst hour shooting up it was our first time at that community service site my windows are a bit tinted and I went a few miles down the street so I must have been followed and that po keeps threatening him to show the judge so I said let me see the picture that's great you have that we can show defendant how far he had come and he said well

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes sorry I accidentally sent

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/6/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Van, Retired Judge replied 10 months ago
Van
Van, Retired Judge

Hi my name is ***** ***** I think I may be able to assist you with your fiancé legal matters. It appears that you have two issues: one, your fiancé and the probation officer are not getting along well, and two, your fiancé is in need of some inpatient drug treatment. What state are you in? Is your fiancé still in jail and if so what are the current charge? In addition, what is the charge that your fiancé is currently on probation/parole for?

Hi, I'm just following up to see if you still need help with your matter. Please provide me with additional information so that I can respond to your question.