Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If i did not receive a subpoena as a victim but spoke to the…

Customer Question
If i did not...

If i did not receive a subpoena as a victim but spoke to the district attorney who has already threatened me with a bench warrant can they actually arrest me?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

Pennsylvania. I currently do not have a warrant but a written note was left at my house on 8.31

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No i do not have a lawyer.. I only spoke to the DA. But the defendants attorney said they are just trying to scare me.. I dont know if i should belive that or not

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/6/2017
Criminal Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You do not have to attend here absent a subpoena served on you.Notes don't count you are free to decide whether you want to attend here or not.Likely the DAD screwed up and failed to get the subpoena issued and served.Without one legally you are not compelled to attend and cannot have any warrants issued thats just a bluff here. I agree they are just trying to scare you , you don't legally have to attend or testify.

I appreciate the chance to help you,thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer