Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My boyfriend goes to court tommrow for domestic violence he…

My boyfriend goes to...

My boyfriend goes to court tommrow for domestic violence he has been in jail since aug 6 for missing one of his courtdate i want to go to court and tell the judge i hit him first but im scared what will happen to me

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And do you have a reliable court contact?

Columbus oh and court contact like phone number ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I have been calling public denfender he never answers or return calls dont have money for lawyer just tryna see if i can help the case by showing up to court

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was pregnant when the charges were filed domesic violence and causing knowingly harm back in march

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/23/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You are certainly able to testify as a witness when he has his trial.This may make a conviction very hard here if you claim you hit him first and it was self defense.You would help his case no doubt.It is in your interest to go and give such testimony.Hopefully it will be enough here to either dismiss charges of ind him innocent.Either way he would be innocent or this would mitigate matters.

I hope you will go and offer to testify about the situation as if your right here to do so.

I appreciate the chance to help you and wish you the best.

Thanks again and thanks for rating 5 stars.

Will i be charged

No just for the question, thanks for rating 5 stars.Let me know if you have more.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer