Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

He goes back to court on Friday they have taken it to

superior court and want to...
he goes back to court on Friday they have taken it to superior court and want to start a trial but he doesn't have a lawyer can they arrest him and make him go to jail.he said the judge said so
8/22/2017
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship.

I'm happy to continue helping you with any additional questions that you have, but I ask that you first leave a positive rating (3 stars or more) for the prior question I answered for you. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

I did leave a rating.i currently am at work but about to get off.is there any way I can continue this when I get home in a hour or so?

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a positive rating on the prior question, I appreciate it!

Based on the information you shared, there are no grounds for arresting him at this point.

If he arrives in court for the trial and has not retained a private attorney or a pro bono private attorney, then his public defender would still be present on your son's behalf, and should be ready to proceed to trial.

The only reason a warrant would be issued for your son and him be taken into custody, is if he does not show up to court on his scheduled court date. Then a bench warrant would be issued for his arrest, and he would be placed into jail custody.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more. The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Yes, I'll be available if you'd like to speak more later.

Please kindly take a moment to leave a positive rating for this answer as well, and I'd be happy to continue speaking later on and answer any additional follow-up questions you have. Thanks!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Hi Nisha another question do you have to go to the county were he is being tried for the pro bono list or can we get it an the county in which we leave.30 mins away from the court where the trial will be

If you find a pro bono attorney through the method I recommended to you, of contacting the clerk's office or JA, then those attorney will usually be located in the county within which the case is being heard.

Of course if you find a pro bono attorney through another route, online or through another recommendation, then yes it's quite possible the attorney would be willing to travel from one county to another.

ok thank you so much you have been helpful.

You're welcome, no problem! If you have any more questions in the future and would like my help, please feel free to reach out to me here at JustAnswer by posting a new question, and adding "For Nisha" to the first part of your question. Best of luck to you, take care!

ok will do
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer