Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

What does intake unit assigend felony division 20 means, fl

what does intake unit assigend felony division 20 means
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: fl 2 3rd degree felonies charges grand theft under 20000 and use id fraud
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no sure yet

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

The Intake Division of the State Attorney's Office evaluates the police reports and evidence when it first comes in and then determines how the case is going to be charged. Then it's sent to the correct trial division, in this case Felony Division 20, for the prosecutor to be assigned and the case to be able to go forward.

So this case has been evaluated and will be prosecuted as a felony.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
they court record says information filed. after the dtated denabd fir disc/demand for alibi it also says felony soundings set for a date . waht does it mean more or less
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
if you read my questions is descriving what this 3 things mean
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
iam sure this is a normal legal writting used in the court case history or w.e is called

The case has been filed with the court. The defense can ask for discovery and must notify the state if they intend to offer an alibi defense.

A felony sounding date is just the typical court appearance. Judges keep track of cases by calendaring them every 3-5 weeks to make sure they stay on top of what's happening between the defense and prosecution.

There is nothing at all unusual about anything you've mentioned. It's the typical shorthand applied to criminal cases.