Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Can I be prosecuted for molesting a minor as a minor myself.

Can I be prosecuted...

Can I be prosecuted for molesting a minor as a minor myself. I'm now 27

Lawyer's Assistant: Have charges been filed? What's the status of that case?

No. Told they will be filled just before my release from prison

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Tennessee

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I will inherent a large estate and would offer a financial settlement to resolve the matter. The secual acts were consensual

8/18/2017
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Yes, unfortunately. You can be prosecuted unless you were less than three years older than the victim. There is a close-in-age exception to Criminal Sexual Contact with a minor.

Zoey_ JD