Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My son was recently release from a federal prison and

My son was recently...

My son was recently release from a federal prison and because of some technical issues, has been picked up again but it is not his fault. someone in his house found out that he was home and told the police that he threaten them which was not the truth. So how can I help get him out of jail again.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Pennsylvania and New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No! I have no money at this time and I do expect to get a loan on the home i live in to try to help.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Sure, he was sustain several injuries to the head whiled in prison and need medical help. This is why I am trying to get him out. They never gave him the proper care in prison nor did they give him the proper release forms once he was released for the probation dept.

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/18/2017
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good evening, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship.

I'm sorry to hear about your son's situation. I've reviewed your question, please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

ok i'm waiting?
i have nothing else to add except that if i do not get him out of pennsylvania criminal court he will loose his chance to get medical help. this is important that he be release immediately so we can help him with these charges and medical assistance which he has been approved by NYU Medical Center in New YOrk.
where is my answer!!!

Thanks for your patience while I typed up my response.

Unfortunately if he was still on probation when this alleged incident occurred, you will not be able to bail him out of jail yet.

This is because when a probation violation occurs, no bond is issued but rather the person is held in custody until the probation violation hearing takes place.

A probation violation hearing is usually scheduled within a few weeks of an individual's arrest, so your son should be receiving notice of the scheduled date soon.

The probation violation hearing is where your son will have an opportunity to defend himself and present his case in reference to what occurred. If he doesn't already have an attorney, I would recommend he look into hiring one right away, because it's important to have a lawyer in this type of hearing.

If the court decides that a violation did in fact take place, he could potentially face revocation of his probation and additional jail time. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

If he had a public defender or court appointed attorney assigned to him before, then he will be given a public defender at the probation violation hearing and you don't need to retain a private attorney.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more. The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

He does not have money in any banks to get a criminal lawyer. We are not well off individuals. I live from pension and social security money. how do i get from New York to Pennsylvania to help him. I need a probono LEGAL ATTORNEY TO HELP SO THAT THE CASE AGAINST THE SYSTEM HE IS IN HE CAN WIN WITH THE HELP OF A GOOD LEGAL ATTORNEY. WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE AGAINST THE SYSTEM, IF SOMEONE IS WILLING THE HELP ME... PLEASE.

I'm sorry to hear about your son's physical injuries.

The only way for him to be transferred out of jail and into the hospital at this time would be through approval by the physician at the jail.

If they have not signed a release to transfer him, unfortunately there's not much that can be done unless you hire a private defense attorney who can then file a motion requesting that the court allow a private physician (compensated by your son) to go into the jail and perform an independent medical evaluation on your son.

A pro bono attorney may also be an option. The criminal court often has a list of experienced defense attorneys who have volunteered to provide their services to individuals in need of legal representation, such as your son.

This list of attorneys is not publicly posted, but the Clerk's Office as well as the judicial assistant in the courthouse where your son's case is set to be heard, have copies of this list of pro bono attorneys. If you call in to the clerk's office, they can provide you with a list of the pro bono attorneys in the area.

I hope that information helps, please let me know if you have any other questions.

Please also kindly take a moment to leave a positive rating of 3 stars or more. Thanks!

I HAVE ALREADY GIVEN A VERY GOOD IN THE RESPONSE RATING. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP. I MUST PRAY NOW! THIS IS THE ONLY HELP I KNOW.

Thanks! It appears the rating didn't go through.

You need to click on the stars or smiley faces at the top of the page in order for it to count. Please try again and let me know if you still have any difficulty, thanks!

Nisha Jones, Esq.

It worked that time, thanks!

If you have any more questions in the future and would like my help, please feel free to reach out to me here at JustAnswer by posting a new question and adding "For Nisha" to the first part of your question. Best of luck to you and your son!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer