Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

As wanting to know can a misdemeanor charge of trespass in…

As wanting to know...

As wanting to know can a misdemeanor charge of trespass in structure or cony unoccupied be expunged. 810.082A in florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, I have a lawyer who was trying to get a modification done on my home when I got arrested for trespassing. but that so called lawyer come to be not a real lawyer that now is being sentenced to 20 years to a fed prison on 10-27-17

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I currently work for probation & parole as a staff personnel

8/17/2017
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship. I've reviewed your question, please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

ok

What was the final disposition on your case? Was it a conviction?

no, just a fines
I plead nolo thing
judge said not guilty and adjudication withheld
but it's on record with a misdemeanor charge on file with the police
the person who told me it was ok to still be in my home is now going to be put in federal prison for wire fraud for 20 years pretended to be a lawyer doing home modification. come to find out his not a lawyer at all but a scam artist who got caught. It almost cost me my job I work for probation & parole

I'm sorry to hear that.

Thanks for the additional information. Just allow me a few minutes, I'm typing up my answer for you, thanks!

Fortunately this IS one of the misdemeanors that are eligible to be expunged in the state of Florida.

(In Florida, some misdemeanors cannot).

You'll need to apply for the expungement through the FDLE.

This is the link to their website:

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/cms/Seal-and-Expunge-Process/Seal-and-Expunge-Home.aspx

This is the phone number where you can contact someone to request an expungement packet:

(###) ###-####/p>

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more. The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

ok, ty

You're welcome, no problem!

Please take a moment to leave a positive rating for me (5 stars are always appreciated), thanks!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer