Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Can someone own a BB gun co2 air gun while a restraining…

Customer Question
Can someone own a BB...
Can someone own a BB gun co2 air gun while a restraining order case is open in state of Florida?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
8/15/2017
Criminal Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You can own a BB gun here unless you fall under the following categories

Federal law restricts who can own, possess, or sell a gun. Some of these federal laws extend to BB guns.

If you have been convicted of certain crimes, or fall under any of the special categories or situations listed below, you face potential criminal penalty under the Brady Act. This federal law bars personal and business ownership, use, and possession of a BB gun if you:

1. Were convicted of a crime punishable by being in prison for more than one year;
2. Are a fugitive from justice;
3. Are addicted to, or illegally use, any controlled substance;
4. Have been ruled mental defective by a court, or are committed to a mental institution;
5. Are an illegal alien living in the United States unlawfully;
6. Received a dishonorable discharge from the U.S. Armed Forces;
7. Renounced your U.S. citizenship, if you are a U.S. citizen;
8. Are subject to a court restraining order that involves your "intimate partner", your partner's child, or children; or
9. Were convicted of domestic violence in any court of a misdemeanor.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.