Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was arrested for a Battery/Domestic violence. I was

Hi, I was arrested...

Hi, I was arrested for a Battery/Domestic violence. I was released on ROR and still waiting information in regards ***** ***** My husband is the said victim who doesn't wish to give statements or testify as it was a misunderstanding.... Should I wait to see if the state will drop the charges or should I get a lawyer before?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have charges been filed? Is there a prior criminal record?

No charges has been filed it's still pending and no prior criminal record

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's about it

8/14/2017
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. It is always best to retain legal counsel. I say this because the arrest and information is going to likely be turned over to the State and assigned to a case filer, to determine if/what should be charged and what can be charged. If your husband does not want to proceed and cooperate and there are issues, your attorney can try and get to the State and speak with them, before this is filed and try and prevent it. If they can not, they will still represent you and can defend this but at least they may be able to get a head start and speak with a State Attorney in the case filing division.

Ok thank you

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty