Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Do I have a false arrest suit, if police arrested me for…

Customer Question
Do I have a...

Do I have a false arrest suit, if police arrested me for stolen property when the vehicle was clearly not stolen. The officer wrote my correct vin number on the ticket and a completely different number down in the report.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Yes, aug 21

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

GA

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
I received a ticket for theft of property, and I currently have a lawyer who is in the process of viewing the motorcycle and proving it is my girlfriends. Moreover, the officer wrote in his report a completely different vin number then the motorcycle I was driving. Again, on my ticket he put the correct vin, but put in the report a different vin. It clearly was intentional or a horrible mistake. If the officer did it by accident the incorrect vin would have been on the ticket as well, instead it's the correct one that doesn't come up stolen and that I have the title for.
8/13/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 9 months ago
Michael Bradley
You would not be able to establish that you were unlawfully arrested until the charges are dismissed First. Once the charges are dismissed, then you can contact an attorney that specializes in these types of cases who can make a determination as to whether they believe that the arrest was false and that you deserve compensation.
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley