Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If a sentencing order states:" Sentenced to six years to be…

If a sentencing order...

If a sentencing order states: " Sentenced to six years to be served concurrently with revocations of his/her probation in cases A and B"... does this confirm that the sentences count as one incident or separate on someones criminal record? The day of court the person was sent immediately to prison to serve time for all three cases: Cases A, B and the instant offense.

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the charges? What's the current status of the case?

Felony terroristic act and two separate felony cases from probation

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

AR

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The time has been served, but due to a new incident we are trying to figure out if concurrent sentencing can be viewed separately for the purposes of considering someone a career offender.

8/9/2017
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

While the sentences might have run concurrently, they are considered separate offenses and therefore can be considered separately when determining whether someone is considered a habitual offender. The only exception contained in the law is that a conviction of burglary and the felony that was the object of the burglary are considered a single felony conviction.

Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer