Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Burial law state of missouri, This what happen a mother

Customer Question
Burial law state of...

Burial law state of missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

This what happen a mother brought deceased daughter husband to private property to be buried then after burial it was said her daughter commited muder

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That there were no proof of muder when she delivered the body or at time of burial then a investigation proved he was muder can they charge property owner tampering with evidence

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
8/7/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 6 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Here is the statute for tampering with physical evidence in the state of Missouri. As you can see, the offense is for the most part a Class A misdemeanor:

575.100. Tampering with physical evidence — penalties. — 1. A person commits the offense of tampering with physical evidence if he or she:

(1) Alters, destroys, suppresses or conceals any record, document or thing with purpose to impair its verity, legibility or availability in any official proceeding or investigation; or

(2) Makes, presents or uses any record, document or thing knowing it to be false with the purpose to mislead a public servant who is or may be engaged in any official proceeding or investigation.

2. The offense of tampering with physical evidence is a class A misdemeanor, unless the person impairs or obstructs the prosecution or defense of a felony, in which case tampering with physical evidence is a class E felony.

-----

Tampering with evidence is what is known as an intent crime. That is, the state would have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant deliberately altered, destroyed or concealed evidence in order to impair its integrity or the truthfulness. So the property owner could be charged, but only if the police believe that she deliberately tried to hide or destroy facts that would lead to a conclusion that the death was due to homicide.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD