Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Ga tattoo microblading

Customer Question
ga tattoo microblading
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
8/7/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 6 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. What is your question?

I am a microblading eyebrow artist , permanent makeup in GA . so state law makes it a misdemeanor to tattoo with 1 inch of orbital bone but my county does not forbid it. im I breaking law. and also i know this is on a bigger scale there are hundreds of artists like me how can we petition to change state law ?

The best way to try to change a law would be to find as many like-minded people as you can, agree as to the changes that you want in the law and then find out who the legislators were responsible for the old law. You'll have to do some research into the old law, who proposed it, who opposed it and why so that you will know whose help you can enlist. And of course, once you have it all together you'd want to meet with your legislators.

ok got it. what about firat part of question please ?
how can i find out who originated that law

Yes, you would be breaking the law. State law trumps local law. Your county might not come after you, but the state could if someone reported it.

To find the legislative history of a Georgia Statute, see this. The article has a lot of different suggestions. If you're serious about changing a law, doing it right means a lot of work. Anyone can just et a lot of people to sign a petition and send it off to their congressmen, but if you want to get results you have to target the right people.

Good luck!

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD