Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I will pay a bonus to find a federal statute.

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
8/6/2017
Criminal Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

What can I help you with today?

Hi Ray---it's some what obscure but I have seen it.
Regarding a DOJ fine & the 20 yr statute
was told by the DOJ--the 'clock' on the statute does not run during incarceration. which is weird because they were garnishing wages while incarcerated.
for 2 yrs. what is the statute that defines it. I saw it specifically articulated.
no it is not
it is specific to a fine related to a white collar crime--part of a sentence

I am going to open this for other experts, stand by no need to reply or rate

Criminal Lawyer: James Daloisio, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
James Daloisio

Hi, my name is*****'m a former prosecutor, and the answer to your question is Title 18 of the United States Code, Section 3613, subdivision (b). The 20 years begins when the judgment is entered or when you're released, whichever comes later. I hope this is what you were looking for. Thank you!

James Daloisio
James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Lawyer