Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

I have theihi, im charged with grand larceny steal property

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have theihi
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: im charged with grand larceny steal property in CA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: VA
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm charged grand larceny steal property >=200 not from person (18.2-95) in VA state. I have a clean record and this is my first felony. I'm asked to up appear in court on 08-10-2017. Please let me know my options
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Should I hire a criminal attorney? Is there any possibility to get my charges dropped as this is my first felony? If the charges can't be dropped what punishment will I be receiving?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you reply please

Thank you for your follow up.

I cannot comment on your specific case, but penalty upon conviction for grand larceny (18.2-95) is punishable by a minimum sentence of 1 year in prison and maximum of 20 years and a fine of up to $2500

So given the very serious nature of this felony crime and also mandatory prison sentence of at least 1 year upon conviction, it is extremely important to consult and retain an experienced local criminal defense attorney as soon as possible and this local attorney can fight for your rights and freedom.

You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:

www.lexmundi.com

www.martindale.com

www.lawyers.com

www.legalmatch.com

When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter might be heard.

I wish you the best of luck!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there any chance that my charges can be dropped?

Thank you for your follow up.

I cannot comment on your specific case, but the state generally would not "drop" charges, unless the defense attorney is able to get the charges dismissed on some legal technicality or unless the state prosecutor discovers some exculpatory evidence.

I wish you the best of luck!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have to show up on n court in 10th Aug 2017. So will I be able to get an attorney from the referral websites you have given within this short time?

Thank you for your follow up.

Generally, it should not be difficult to find an experienced local criminal defense attorney and should not take more than day or two, but if the first court hearing is on August 10, 2017, then someone in such situation should start looking for a criminal defense attorney first thing tomorrow morning.

I wish you the best of luck!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How much can I expect average attorney charges?

Thank you for your follow up.

Each attorney sets his /her own rates so the best way to find answer to that question is to call several local criminal defense attorneys and to inquire as to what the amount of legal fees would be quoted by each attorney.

I wish you the best of luck!

Thank you.

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 21 days ago.

Thank you.