Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My ex gf entered my home without access and took some things…

Customer Question
My ex gf entered...

My ex gf entered my home without access and took some things from me and won't return them. I have her entering on video

Lawyer's Assistant: Have charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

I'm going to call the police Do I have a legal leg to stand on?

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Texas

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
8/5/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 1 year ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Yes, you do. If your ex entered your residence without your permission and authority and removed property from your home that did not belong to her, you've made out the elements of a residential burglary, and the state will likely be willing to prosecute her. If she didn't commit a crime inside your home, then that would still be criminal trespass.

Report it to the police and let them know you have the entry on video. If you want her charged, let them know that.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.