Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I am currently in the process of getting my criminal record

Hello, I am currently in...
Hello, I am currently in the process of getting my criminal record expunged (I have a misdemeanor drug charge from 2003). I am using EasyExpunctions.com for the expungement process. Regarding the petition for expungement, I have asked them to include a request to expunge the license suspension from my driving record. They have stated that they can include the request in the petition, but have also said that they cannot guarantee it will be granted. I get a money back guarantee that if my criminal record is not expunged, but they do not guarantee that the offense will be expunged from my driving record. If the expungement from my driving record is not granted, is there a different process to have my bmv record cleared, if it is even possible?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Indiana
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Do you mean, in terms of the expungement petition?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a charge to this chat or is it free?
JA: The Lawyer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: What is the cost?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: What's the amount for the rest of it?
8/4/2017
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Unfortunately, no. Driving records can be corrected if they are wrong, but they cannot be expunged.

there is no legal way to clear them at all?

Correct. You can expunge a criminal record, but the driving record remains intact.

I updated my payment info, and agreed to another $59 (on top of the $47) to talk on the phone with you. Can you call shortly?

You have to work that out with Customer Service who will contact you. The site has to authorize me to make the call, and they have not done so yet.

How do I connect back with them?
Phone call session started

Okay. It went through. I will be calling shortly.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD