LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer
Experience:  I can provide detailed, thoughtful assistance to help you solve your legal problems.
60109343

If someone threatened someone and was charged,Will he do

Customer Question

if someone threatened someone and was charged,Will he do jail time?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LegalPro54 replied 2 months ago.

Good evening and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

It's really impossible to say for sure, as the answer depends on the person's criminal history, the severity of the threat, the precise charges filed, whether there is sufficient evidence to secure a conviction, and whether probation/fines are offered as an alternative to actual jail time. Certainly any time charges are filed against someone, there is a good possibility they will be convicted of something, either by way of plea or jury trial, and that they will serve time in jail. Conviction rates generally range from about 60-80%. But of course each case is different, and again, it's certainly possible to be convicted of a crime but not serve any actual time in jail.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He threatened someone and it was recorded.Is there any wy he wouldn't do time? How much time passes between arrest and trial? What is the fine for something like this?

A lot of what you're asking depends on the specific charges being filed. What are the specific charges filed?