Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am out on parole on D*** parole board special condition my…

I am out on parole...

I am out on parole on D*** parole board special condition my parole to have Smart Start I've had it 3 years no problems money is up to date I had recently suffered a mild stroke and I am on disability I am on the four visits a year caseload money is current I'm the model parole e I suffered a stroke and I now have expensive medications can I write parole board to lift Smart Start special condition so money from that will buy medication

8/4/2017
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Certainly you can write them and ask them and you will not be punished in any way for making the request. However, the parole board in Texas is not really good about changing conditions once the initial parole has been granted and conditions set. If you don't receive any word from them within a few weeks, you may want to contact your state senator or state representative's office and seek if they will assist you in getting in contact with the parole board.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

One good thing my parole officer told me if they denied me to let him know and he would send a letter also and that the facts I gave them are true and that I am a good parole e

If he is willing to give you a letter then I would send it on the initial attempt rather than later. You want to put your best foot forward first.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Thank you very much for allowing me to assist you. While the answers I give can't always be "good news", since the law can't always be favorable to everyone, I do strive to be as accurate as possible and to answer any follow up questions to the best of my ability.

You may receive a survey of some kind in the next day or so regarding your experience here at JustAnswer. Please be advised that I am responsible for the content of my answers but not with the issues of website performance or anything other than the answer. I hope that you will consider issuing a Positive Rating regarding my service to you so that I can continue helping others.

If I can ever provide assistance to you in the future please feel free to ask for me by starting your new question with "FOR DWAYNE B ONLY" and I will pick up as soon as I see the question.