Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was my late husband's Fiduciary for years. Never a

Customer Question
I was my late...

I was my late husband's Fiduciary for years. Never a problem. He's been dead now for 6 years, and now banks and others are coming after me for money they SAY is owed. Can I be held responsible?? Never failed an audit, this is a complete mystery. Haven't moved, tried to hide; and there's no way to pay this back. They can't answer why they picked a time AFTER his death to collect. Am I being bullied or am I responsible?

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Nope; this just happened

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm 67, have had 3 heart attacks, COPD and live in a rural area with no jobs; and I've looked.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
8/3/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Barrister, Criminal Defense Law replied 9 months ago
Barrister, Criminal Defense Law

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

Did you file a probate case to settle his estate?

.

When you say you were his fiduciary, what do you mean here? Were you his power of attorney... his legal guardian... a signer on his account...executor of his estate?

.

.

thanks

Ely, Counselor at Law