Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

If someone is on probation and gets arrested, but was not

Customer Question

If someone is on probation and gets arrested, but was not involved in the cause for the arrest, is booked and all charges are dropped at the arraignment hearing, can the probation officer lift the po hold?
JA: Have charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: No charges were dropped.
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: California
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They told him he would be released but now there's a po hold. But he wouldn't have been arrested if the false claims for what he was arrested for hadn't occured. He's been compliant with his probation for a year and a half.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.I

I cannot comment on your specific situation, but if the person who was on probation was arrested and the criminal charges were dismissed, such arrest can still result in the violation of probation and in most cases the person on probation will be detained until the probation violation hearing, where the judge will decide whether violation of probation occurred and whether the probation / sentence needs to be modified by the court.

I wish you the best of luck!