Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I have a pfa for being accused of sex crimes and i was in…

Customer Question
I have a pfa...

I have a pfa for being accused of sex crimes and i was in jail for them for two days the jugde droped it i was served two pfa the day i was released and i was wondering whet to expect and can i still be thrown in jail at the hearing for the pfas

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Paola,ks

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No clue i have no contact with the people who are accusing me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I didnt do what im accused of but if a pfa is all that i have to deal with i will accept it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
8/2/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
It is possible, but not likely that you will be jailed again on the PFA unless they find you have further violated the PFA. Generally, on an alleged violation it would be credit for time served. If the judge dropped the first violation, it is not likely you would see jail again on the other two served on you the day you were released as long as you do not violate them. HOWEVER, you need to have an attorney representing you and you need to get one before the hearing to protect yourself if you did not do what you were accused of doing.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer