Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I'm at trial and my pd isn't asking the questions I want…

Customer Question
I'm at trial and my...
I'm at trial and my pd isn't asking the questions I want asked. And he is pushing for me too testify before my witness
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/2/2017
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 11 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Have you asked him why he is doing this? Has he explained his strategy at trial?

No nothing. The judge is the one that said I could go Monday after my witness and then my pd said I know the courts usually don't run this way but she could go Thursday and her witness could still come Monday
I'm afraid he is sinking me

If you do not think the PD is acting in your best interest, you need to address this with the Judge. They should explain to you what strategy, if any, is being used and why he thinks it is better for you to testify before the witness. It may be possible that he wants the witness to collaborate your testimony but you want to speak with him and see what is happening.

Can you get rid of him in right in the middle of a trial I had several questions that I wanted him to ask that he hadn't brought up not to one witness. The inspector said they have an eye that was watching the house to make sure nobody came or left yet the inspector told both me and my husband did he watched my husband leave for work when nobody was supposed to leave but on the stand he said that he didn't see anybody leave

I think it is going to be hard, for the Judge to do this mid-trial, which is why you must speak with them and get answers and if they are not providing them, advise the Judge before the trial starts up again.

What would what would be grounds for a mistrial
He told me I needed to make a timeline of the dates so when I go to testify it's in order and there's questions that I want asked but I'm afraid he's not going to ask him and if he doesn't and I'm done then that's it

This would not be a basis for it. In determining whether to declare a mistrial, the court must decide whether the error is so prejudicial and fundamental that expenditure of further time and expense would be wasteful, if not futile.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

He told me to make a timeline of dates in order but what if he doesn't ask the questions that I want him asking to me how do you raise an issue with that when it's right in the middle of it like for instance one of the witnesses they granted her immunity she was placed on probation violated probation and was on a probation violation when she got the immunity so in my lawyer went to talk to her he never even brought up the fact that she had already violated her probation he just said so you got probation

You want and need to speak with him before the trial starts. Go over it with him. He will ask the questions which he feels is relevant and necessary. He may not ask everything and will need to use his discretion.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!