Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I'm a victim of a violent attack that should've been

Customer Question
I'm a victim of...

I'm a victim of a violent attack that should've been attempted murder survive I am trying to find out more information about my attacker I have brain damage now and are used to be a commercial pilot. I'm a new father in a business owner I never thought this could happen is difficult to address this issue but I'm having a good day. I don't know what to do next. The victims advocates aren't much help any & More I am seriously concerned about my family's expenses that I can't pay and I believe I need more help financially to make our basic expenses on time for the more my company is in serious jeapordy.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Everything is a mess . I need to understand what I need to do next . Yes charges filed he has hired a private attourney and delayed the date I don't know now

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Colorado montro

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Montrose

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
8/2/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your attacker has any assets (money or property) your next step, especially given your brain injury, is you need to hire a personal injury attorney immediately. You have right to sue him for the attack and not only recover all of your medical expenses, but also your pain and suffering, payment for loss of income AND punitive damages of up to triple (or maybe more) that total judgment amount for his intentional act against you.
You have a right to monetary recovery against him, so you need to get yourself a local attorney immediately to represent you and file suit against him and do not wait for the criminal case to finish, go and file your suit now because under Colorado law you only have 2 years from date of the attack to file suit.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.