How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In clermont county ohio they are trying to accuse me of food

Customer Question

In clermont county ohio they are trying to accuse me of food stamp fraud saying that my boyfriend lives here and he has been in and out since we have been together
JA: Have charges been filed? Is there a prior criminal record?
Customer: No i have to go see an investigator
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** *****

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The investigator came to my home while I wasn't here and asked my boyfriend questions and my boyfriend told them he has been staying here for 6 or 7 months but we have been off and on.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have to go see the investigator on monday
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He told me if I go in there and lie I will be arrested but what if my boyfriend gave him false information
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

What is your legal question? I cannot try to guess what might or might not happen in your specific case, so please let me know what your legal question is?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do I have to talk to him without an attorney?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

US Constitution 5th Amendment protects any person from being forced to make any incriminating statement and there is generally no obligation for a person suspected of a crime to speak with any law enforcement agent.

Given the fact, that food stamp fraud could result in felony charge under state and/or federal law, it is important for someone in a situation similar to yours to consult and retain an experienced local criminal defense attorney.

You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information /referral websites:

When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter will be heard.

I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.