Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

In clermont county ohio they are trying to accuse me of food…

Customer Question
In clermont county ohio...

In clermont county ohio they are trying to accuse me of food stamp fraud saying that my boyfriend lives here and he has been in and out since we have been together

Lawyer's Assistant: Have charges been filed? Is there a prior criminal record?

No i have to go see an investigator

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 8 months ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is ***** *****

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?

The investigator came to my home while I wasn't here and asked my boyfriend questions and my boyfriend told them he has been staying here for 6 or 7 months but we have been off and on.
I have to go see the investigator on monday
He told me if I go in there and lie I will be arrested but what if my boyfriend gave him false information

Thank you for your follow up.

What is your legal question? I cannot try to guess what might or might not happen in your specific case, so please let me know what your legal question is?

Do I have to talk to him without an attorney?

Thank you for your follow up.

US Constitution 5th Amendment protects any person from being forced to make any incriminating statement and there is generally no obligation for a person suspected of a crime to speak with any law enforcement agent.

Given the fact, that food stamp fraud could result in felony charge under state and/or federal law, it is important for someone in a situation similar to yours to consult and retain an experienced local criminal defense attorney.

You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information /referral websites:

www.lexmundi.com

www.martindale.com

www.lawyers.com

www.legalmatch.com

When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter will be heard.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law