Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

MR. TO FIND OUT WHAT I HAVE TO DO TO SUE MY SUPPOSED

Customer Question
MR. SIMMONS I AM...

MR. SIMMONS I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT I HAVE TO DO TO SUE MY SUPPOSED SIGNIFICANT OTHER FOR FRAUD. OVER THE PAST 5 1/2-6 YEARS THIS PERSON HAS DEFRAUDED ME & CAUSED THOUSANDS OD DOLLARS OF PERSONAL LOSSES TO MY FAMILY & I, ALTHOUGH HE CONTINUALLY SAYS HE IS GOING TO REPAY US WE HAVE YET TO RECEIVE PAYMENTS/PAYMENTS IN FULL FOR WHAT HE OWES US. THE LOSSES RANGE FROM CASH TO, PAWNED OR DESTROYED PROPERTY, MONEY FOR BILL PAYMENTS, FOOD, ETC..., IF ONE CAN SCAM OR SCHEME HIS WAY INTO A PERSONAL GAIN WHERE WE LOOSE SOMETHING HE HAS DONE IT.

Lawyer's Assistant: Were the police contacted? Were any fraud charges filed?

NO, NOT AS OF YET, I WAS NOT AWARE THAT THEY NEEDED TO BE.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

GEORGIA

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

ONLY THAT MY FAMILY & I HAVE BEEN PLACED IN DANGER OF EVEN BEING ABLE TO REMAIN IN OUR HOME BECAUSE OF THIS PERSONS ACTIONS & THAT HE HAS ALSO DEFRAUDED SOMEONE ELSE THAT I KNOW OF. I JAVE CONSIDERED POSTING ON SOCIAL MEDIA WARNINGS ABOUT HIS FRAUDULANT ACTIONS, BUT AGAIN WANTED TO INSURE THAT I WAS NOT PUTTING MYSELF IN A POSITION TO BE SUED.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
8/1/2017
Criminal Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. Can you tell me, how much money are we talking about? Over the years, what is the value of the stuff/money he has obtained by fraud?

Ely, Counselor at Law