Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

In 2014 my husband and i applied and received credit cards

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: In 2014 my husband and i applied and received credit cards in his name only because he had the better credit score we used these cards together for purchases of daliy living and paid them out of his personal checking and our joint checking when i filed for divorce in november of 2015 and left our home i left the only credit card in my posession on the table because they were all in his name. In December of 2015 he called all credit card companies and stated they were obtain under fraud and credit card companies wiped all balances and his credit report. Yesterday i found that on june 1 2017 he filed fraud charges aganist me and now i have a warrant for fraud
JA: Was any of the money acquired before the marriage? Or given through an inheritance?
Customer: No we got married in 2006 and i talking about him filing fraud charges against me
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Colorado
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Did you continue to use the cards in his name after you were divorced? How did you learn about the warrant? What is the question you have about this situation?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.