How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27713
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was told by a Ct police officer that a judge signed off on

Customer Question

I was told by a Ct police officer that a judge signed off on a warrant against me for a misdemeanor in the 2nd degree with a bond of 200,000
JA: What are the exact charges? Is this a first offense?
Customer: None in the first degree, breach of peace and harassment
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes what happens next
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.


I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.

How was it that a police officer told you about this? What did he want you to do?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
By telephone, he told me a judge signed it 8 days ago and that if i entered the state of Ct I would be arrested. I live in Fl
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.

Thank you. Please give me a few minutes to compose and type a full answer to you.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.

If you do absolutely nothing, there will be a warrant out for your arrest if you enter the state of Connecticut. You can avoid Connecticut, but the warrant could cause collateral problems. Connecticut will not come to Florida to find you and bring you in, nor will they extradite you if you're stopped for any reason by a police officer elsewhere in the country. States don't go to that kind of trouble on misdemeanor charges. But knowledge of it could surface when you least want it to, such as with an employment background check or when you go to renew your driver's license and cause you problems.

Warrants don't expire. The only way to get rid of it is to turn yourself in on it and deal with the criminal case that you're wanted for. That, of course, would be the other alternative you have, though you can expect to sit in on bond if you do, unless the court is willing to reduce it at your arraignment.

If you're inclined to address the harassment charge, the way to do it would be to first contact a Connecticut attorney who could do what he could to broker a voluntary surrender and to expedite you through the system so that you could get a more reasonable bond set.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.