Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have a bench warrant in one county and probation meeting…

Customer Question
I have a bench warrant...
I have a bench warrant in one county and probation meeting in another county. ...will my probation officer know about my bench warrant?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
the bench warrant was issued cause I missed a court date for a child support hearing. I was never made aware of this particular court date
my bond is $500
8/1/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 11 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Probation does not typically get your criminal history run before every meeting, but if he did run it, he would see your warrant. Also, it's entirely possible that the prosecutor in the county where you got the warrant notified the prosecutor in your present county, who in turn could tell your probation officer.

It's likely that your probation officer won't know about this warrant until you tell him -- which, of course, you are supposed to. But I can't rule out that the new prosecutor may have reached out to notify your PO.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.