Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am trying to find out if misdemeanor theft can be expunged…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to find out if misdemeanor theft can be expunged in MD

Lawyer's Assistant: What were the exact charges? Is there an active parole or probation?

No active parole or probation, it was almost five years ago. Theft less than $100

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, thank you

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
7/31/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 11 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Ok, thank you

Unfortunately, Maryland will not expunge most misdemeanor convictions, except for the ones in subsection (9) of the expungement statute which, unfortunately, does not include yours or unless you first get your conviction pardoned by your governor.

You can apply for a pardon here. No lawyer is necessary.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.