Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Can I be prosecuted for exposing my ex's criminal record to

Can I be prosecuted for...
Can I be prosecuted for exposing my ex's criminal record to his HR manager if sent anomously?
7/29/2017
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Live in Missouri if that makes a difference

If caught, you could be prosecuted in your state for Harassment in the First Degree, which is a Class E felony:

565.090. Harassment, first degree, penalty. — 1. A person commits the offense of harassment in the first degree if he or she, without good cause, engages in any act with the purpose to cause emotional distress to another person, and such act does cause such person to suffer emotional distress.

You could also face civil liability.

It's not a very good idea.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD