How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 33935
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is in trouble I guess a girl he was dating filed a p

Customer Question

My son is in trouble I guess a girl he was dating filed a p f a he did not know has hearing on Tuesday but I don't understand he has not been notified by mail and now he hears he violated and has a warrant for his arrest. And we do not know what to do or how to get lawyer
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?
Customer: It is Allegheny county in Pennsylvania. My son said there is a warrant but we don't know how or what for. Hthey broke up and he called police to get his things that were at her house and now this
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I do not know he said he has a warrant and court on Tuesday and we r trying to see what to do
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok how do u find out what to do
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would rather you call him at(###) ###-####
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 months ago.

In order for there to be a valid warrant for him for violation of a protective order then he would have to have been served with a copy of the protective order in the first place. However, just because a warrant would be invalid doesn't mean that one can't exist and he can't be arrested. It should be relatively simple to get the judge to order the warrant withdrawn if he was never served with a copy of the order but then the lawyer will still have to handle the other issues in the case. What I would suggest you do is go to and in the section for Area of Practice type "family law" and print the list. Then create another list for "criminal law" and print that list. It would be best to find a lawyer on both lists because while it is a family law matter it is actually much closer to a criminal law situation.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 months ago.

If you received an email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and in your case this format should be sufficient.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 months ago.

You are very welcome. Please don't forget to issue a 5-star positive rating so I can get credit for my work.