Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Have a igniton enterlock on car i have 3 fails on it what…

Customer Question
Have a igniton...

Have a igniton enterlock on car i have 3 fails on it what may happen still hasnt been to trial yet

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the charges? What's the current status of the case?

Dwi

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

3 fails happen 1 each 3 months

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
7/28/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Thelawman2, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Too many test failures could lead to consequences like an extension of your ignition interlock requirement, or even being removed from the program entirely.

Each time the you use the device, it not only measures your BAC but it also records the data. Once that data is received by the DMV or court, any ignition interlock test failures come to light. You may then lose their chance to have an ignition interlock device and be stuck with a suspended or revoked license, or they may have their time with the device extended.

Now if you failed and then immediately thereafter passed and the fail was a result of an error, then the court will not have an issue with that fail.