Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

Have a igniton enterlock on car i have 3 fails on it what

Customer Question

have a igniton enterlock on car i have 3 fails on it what may happen still hasnt been to trial yet
JA: What are the charges? What's the current status of the case?
Customer: dwi
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: texas
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: 3 fails happen 1 each 3 months
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Too many test failures could lead to consequences like an extension of your ignition interlock requirement, or even being removed from the program entirely.

Each time the you use the device, it not only measures your BAC but it also records the data. Once that data is received by the DMV or court, any ignition interlock test failures come to light. You may then lose their chance to have an ignition interlock device and be stuck with a suspended or revoked license, or they may have their time with the device extended.

Now if you failed and then immediately thereafter passed and the fail was a result of an error, then the court will not have an issue with that fail.