Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have a? He has a warrant and all he did was just talk

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

He has a warrant and all he did was just talk didn't touch me or nothing like they charged him for nothing

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Ma

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What can I do

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/28/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 1 year ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. What is it that you're trying to accomplish?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just to drop it I don't know why they put charges on him
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He didn't touch me or nothing and he gets charged like what do I done live together.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We live together

Once the state gets involved in a domestic incident, the case no longer belongs to the victim. It belongs to the prosecutor who can go forward with the case, even over the wishes of the complainant. So, in order to get the charges dropped, you need to talk to the prosecutor who is handling the case and try to convince him or her to drop the charges.

How do you do that? It's not easy, because prosecutors take domestic violence matters very seriously. It all comes down to trying to get the prosecutor to see that he never hurt you, never even touched you, and that you are not fearful for your safety and that there would be no risk to you if the state dropped the case.

If the prosecutor is unconvinced, you need to talk to your boyfriend's lawyer and let him know you want this matter dropped but that the prosecutor won't do it. Ask him what you can do to help him get these charges dropped.

In my experience, once the victim and the defense lawyer start double-teaming the prosecutor to drop charges, some kind of favorable resolution to the case will be worked out.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.