How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27706
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a? He has a warrant and all he did was just talk

Customer Question

Hello I have a ?
JA: Have charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: He has a warrant and all he did was just talk didn't touch me or nothing like they charged him for nothing
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: Ma
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What can I do
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.


I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. What is it that you're trying to accomplish?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just to drop it I don't know why they put charges on him
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He didn't touch me or nothing and he gets charged like what do I done live together.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We live together
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.

Once the state gets involved in a domestic incident, the case no longer belongs to the victim. It belongs to the prosecutor who can go forward with the case, even over the wishes of the complainant. So, in order to get the charges dropped, you need to talk to the prosecutor who is handling the case and try to convince him or her to drop the charges.

How do you do that? It's not easy, because prosecutors take domestic violence matters very seriously. It all comes down to trying to get the prosecutor to see that he never hurt you, never even touched you, and that you are not fearful for your safety and that there would be no risk to you if the state dropped the case.

If the prosecutor is unconvinced, you need to talk to your boyfriend's lawyer and let him know you want this matter dropped but that the prosecutor won't do it. Ask him what you can do to help him get these charges dropped.

In my experience, once the victim and the defense lawyer start double-teaming the prosecutor to drop charges, some kind of favorable resolution to the case will be worked out.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.