How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Eagle Your Own Question
Legal Eagle
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 5162
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Legal Eagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was charged with a 484(g) PC in Monterey, CA. It was

Customer Question

I was charged with a 484(g) PC in Monterey, CA. It was dismissed. Can it be expunged?
JA: Have charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: It was dismissed back in 05/2015 through a civil compromise.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My ex girlfriend owed me money. She paid my phone bill with her card. We broke up days later and she accused my of using her card without authorizing it. This was untrue. I gave her the money back. She also called the back and filed a claim getting money from them as well.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She called the *bank and filed a claim getting money from them as well.
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney who is admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here to see my ratings information) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. According to the CA courts:

If you were convicted of an infraction, a misdemeanor, or a felony and were NOT sentenced to state prison or put under the authority of the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, you can petition for a dismissal (or expungement).

Now, ordinarily I would just put in all of the reasons how you could get your record expunged, however it would be too long and it really wouldn't be helpful. However, if you click here and head down towards the bottom of the screen, you can compare whatever your conviction was in that situation with whether you would be able to get it expunged. the court has a lot of different situations under which a person can have the record expunged so without seeing what your ultimate conviction was, I wouldn't be able to tell you for sure, but within about 15 minutes you will be able to figure it out on your own. Did you have any other questions one question