Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

How much is cost submitting court paper to court? Is it in

Customer Question

How much is cost submitting court paper to court?
Is it in mail?
By messenger?
Has to be in person?
Please tell me each cost in New York.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here to see my ratings information) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. This is a bit of a difficult question to answer, because it depends so heavily on whether you are finding it in a supreme court in the state of New York or if you are filing it in your local Township. Regardless, if you click here, you can see the schedule of fees for it each one of those cords. In addition, almost always the courts will require you or somebody to file the papers in person. Personally, I have a process server throughout different counties where I live that can file paperwork in the appropriate court houses. Usually, you can provide them the document that you need to file, and then you can provide them one check for their services, and then a check to file it with the court. Some counties or townships may have a more ;progressive system where you can file the documents electronically, but it depends heavily on what your filing and where you are filing it. I would do it in person regardless.

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please if you could not answer my question, you should not pick up question. Now because you picked my question, takes more time to get answered.If lawyer don't know how much is cost, we should not see dollar amount on bill, but lawyers charge.

I understand. However, you did not indicate what kind of paper you are filing or where you are actually filing it. It's impossible to answer your question without all of the necessary information that's needed to do so. If you tell me what paper you are filing and what court your filing it in, then I be able to answer your question.