Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Can Tramadol show as false positive in urine drug testif.

Customer Question
Can Tramadol show as false...
Can Tramadol show as false positive in urine drug testif
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: IAm taking pristique California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes in probation
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
7/25/2017
Criminal Lawyer: James Daloisio, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
James Daloisio

Hello. My name is*****'m a former prosecutor and am aware of this situation. Tramadol has been known to produce a false positive for phencyclidine (PCP) in urine immunoassay tests. If the screen shows positive there should be a confirmatory test conducted to identify the Tramadol and exclude the PCP. And you should advise your probation officer of any prescription drugs that are prescribed for you. The other thing to remember is that if you are prescribed a daily dosage of Tramadol, the potential for a false positive urine screen remains for several days after you stop using the drug. I hope this answered your question, and I really wish you luck with this. Thanks.

James Daloisio
James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Lawyer