Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
93473422

What s/i do plea guilty or not guilty for 1144-aa at ny

Customer Question

what s/i do plea guilty or not guilty for 1144-aa at ny state
JA: What are the charges? What's the current status of the case?
Customer: i got the traffic ticket on 7/13/2017 on highway 1 upstate ny
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: what happen if i plea guilty
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship. I've reviewed your question, please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

If you plead guilty, then you will be required to pay a $275 fine and will have 3 points assessed to your license.

You can of course also plead not guilty.

It depends on the specific facts of what happened, but you may potentially have some legal defenses.

If you plead guilty, the state will be required to prove their case against you. Many times in cases like these, officers elect not to show up to court, in which case the ticket is dismissed and the matter closed.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more.The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!