Michael Gonzalez
Michael Gonzalez,
Experience:  Managing Member at EWF Title, LLC
93419235

My partner and I are considering doing live sex shows from

Customer Question

My partner and I are considering doing live sex shows from our home. These are private, individual shows that we we will be charging for. The "buyer" will not be participating in any sexual acts with me or my partner. Instead he will be sitting in a chair on the opposite side of the room watching me and my partner perform these sexual acts with each other. I don't see how this is any different from him sitting at his computer watching porn. The only difference is it is live. My question is, is this illegal? We ARE getting compensated for this "get-together", but the compensation is just for him to watch - NOT participate.
Thank you in advance for any and all of your helpful feedback.
-Stephanie
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michael Gonzalez replied 2 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.A private contract for services is normally not illegal. So if this act were for educational purposes or for therapy purposes by a certified sex therapist, perhaps you can get away with it. However, normally paying someone for sexual acts may be construed as illegal, under laws like prostitution laws. In this case, it would appear that this falls under my home state of Florida's prostitution laws as an example. Here are some of the laws related to what you describe. http://prostitution.procon.org/viewbackgroundresource.asp?ResourceID=730Also, see for discussions on what constitutes prostitution and what fines or sentences are imposed as described at this local attorney's website dedicated to such questions and case, at: http://www.orlandocrimedefense.com/faq-prostitution.html.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They are not paying to perform sexual acts with me or my partner. They are essentially paying for a show. I see it as them paying for a live adult video.
I understand and I do not mean to be a buzzkill but it would likely fall under these laws. Prosecutors n various parts of the country have brought charges against people for doing what you are saying you would like to do.
Please be careful and sorry if this was not the answer you were expecting or hoping for.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
if we were to "promote" our presentation, it might help our case if we promoted it as an "educational" show should we ever get into trouble with the law?
That is not likely to save you from prosecution. Even categorizing the payment as a "donation" is unlikely to immune from prosecution.Frankly, I am not sure how much time and energy is dedicated by police to conduct a reverse sting operation to root out such activity BUT that does not make it legal.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Rating me costs you nothing. Thank you.