How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Daloisio Your Own Question
James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 101
Experience:  30 years experience in criminal law, continuing education.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
James Daloisio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Family members told me that someone said "i am going to (DE

Customer Question

Family members told me that someone said "i am going to (DE to kill (person1) and (person2) no nevermind im going to PA to kill (person3) because she watches their kids"... 1me, 2my Wife, 3my mother-in-law.. She is crazy and angry that we put her husband in jail for forgery and theft... She is also wanted for the same crime yet fled the state stole a car and a uhaul and switched the plates of the uhaul to go unnoticed ... What actions should i take? Even if she said this in another state? How can i keep these people away from my family?
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  James Daloisio replied 3 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will give you the information you need based upon my experience as a prosecutor. First, make a police report to your local police agency. Give them as much information as possible. They should provide you with information to obtain a restraining order to keep the person away from you and your family. A temporary restraining order will be issued but the petson will have to be served with a copy giving notice of a hearing date in order for it to become permanent. Also, to prove a violation you must show that the person knew about the existence of the order. It's also a good idea to tell your neighbors to be alert for this individual and any vehicles with out of state plates. Do not take this lightly but try not to give the police the impression that you are paranoid. Give them facts that would support a reasonable person 's fear. Also consider having the ability to trcord phone calls to the family members who provided this information. The police can explain the proper procedure. And spend a few minutes checking social media sites for threatening posts by this person. I wish you luck and safety in this. The majority of people that make threats don't carry them out, but you can never predict who will do something stupid. If this had helped I'd appreciate a positive rating here, after which you may ask follow up questions at no additional cost. Thank you!