Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If any defender has a trial and entering into country for…

If any defender has a...
If any defender has a trial and entering into country for their case, will defender can enter prior the trial dates.
7/21/2017
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Yes, there should be no issue, with the defendant entering the country. Having an open case, should not create any problems. After all, they are returning to answer to the charge and are legally entitled to defend themselves. Now, if there was a warrant, they would likely be taken into custody but if that is not present, it would not be an issue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks. If case is still open, while entering into state and during scanning of figure print.is it possible that immigration officer have data of your arrest and present case in court. If Yes will they stop at airport.
I don't think there is any reason to. You are innocent until proven guilty so no reason to stop you front entering the state where you are answering to the charge
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks. What to do in case your trial date is in next 4 days, defense attorney still not having any update from ASA.
As far as what? Returning for trial?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
trial date is near. If you not recieve any update from ASA prior to trial date, can we request for continuance.
your attorney can if they are not ready or if there are pending issues that still need to be resolved.
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty