Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I have a Ben h warrant from a traffic ticket I forgot about.

Customer Question

I have a Ben h warrant from a traffic ticket I forgot about . I have to fly to D.C. In 3 weeks will it be a issue at airport check in.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?
Customer: This is in Missouri t was issued in June I believe
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I've emailed one but not physically talked to one
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 13 days ago.

I'm Zoey.

I'm reviewing your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 13 days ago.

Typically, it should not be an issue. First of all, you don't have to go through customs to fly domestically. Also, a warrant on a low-level offense such as a traffic ticket is non-extraditable. The prosecutor would not be likely to alert TSA of something like this.

Still, the only 100% way to ensure it won't turn up would be to return on the warrant and take care of it before you fly.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 11 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.