Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Harassment charges were filed against me but the person who

Customer Question

Harassment charges were filed against me but the person who put them on me is actually harrassing me.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nj
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I just got the paper in the mail
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Could the charges be reversed and placed on her if they see it was false
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 3 months ago.

I'm Zoey.

I'm reviewing your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 3 months ago.

No. It doesn't work that way. You're going to have to fight the case. The prosecutor believes the complainant and thinks they can prove it.

HOWEVER, if you beat the case, you can try to get him charged with filing false charges against you or sue him for malicious prosectuion.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 3 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.