How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27723
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Harassment charges were filed against me but the person who

Customer Question

Harassment charges were filed against me but the person who put them on me is actually harrassing me.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nj
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I just got the paper in the mail
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Could the charges be reversed and placed on her if they see it was false
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 3 months ago.


I'm Zoey.

I'm reviewing your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 3 months ago.

No. It doesn't work that way. You're going to have to fight the case. The prosecutor believes the complainant and thinks they can prove it.

HOWEVER, if you beat the case, you can try to get him charged with filing false charges against you or sue him for malicious prosectuion.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 3 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.