Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Got charge with pc 4573. California. Also pc182

Customer Question
Got charge with pc 4573 JA...
Got charge with pc 4573
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also pc182
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
No just waiting
7/8/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 4 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I'm reviewing your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

What is your question about these charges?

I understand and I apologize.. this is hitting me super hard and idk what am doing since my arrest.. I got charge with pc4573, pc182 and p475 (a).. This is my first criminal ofense.. ive had a Dui a few years ago but that's about it.. my bf who is serving time about drug related charges convinced me to do it and they arrested me after visitation.. i got out on bail of 25k my question is am I facing time? Im a single mother of 3 and I get im not getting compassion for that but since i got no family here i need to start making some decisions..

Sorry for the delay. I stepped away from the computer. PC 4573, as you probably know, is a felony. It's punishable potentially by 2, 3, or 4 years of prison. PC 182 is a conspiracy charge. Potentially you could be sentenced for that the same as the principal actor of the crime that you are alleged to have conspired with. The last charge is a forgery charge, which is a wobbler, meaning that it can be punished as a misdemeanor or a felony.

Although prison is possible, so is probation, and a you don't have much of a criminal history, a lawyer may be able to negotiate that for you, especially since you were able to bond out and the DA knows that you won't want a deal that will put you back in. Without seeing the court papers, the police reports and without conferring with the DA, I cannot get a firm handle on whether you can successfully avoid prison. What I can say, however, is that the possibilities are there and felony probation would not be unreasonable for a lawyer to ask for on your behalf.

You need a lawyer to assist you with this case. Your best chance of a favorable disposition is via an attorney. If you are able to afford one, retain one and let him see what he can work out for you. If not, ask the judge to appoint you a public defender.

What can I do in the meantime to better my chances of forgiveness.. I have my court next month and Im having a mental breakdown since know.. if I check my self in a rehab or mental institution would that hurt me in the end?

If you are in need of help and get it, judges usually respect that. They like when a defendant takes responsibility for his or her actions and steps to ensure that nothing like this situation will occur in the future.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD