How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3154
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was wrongfully convicted of a crime in houston county

Customer Question

I was wrongfully convicted of a crime in houston county georgia. I went to court yesterday with the proof of my innocence. The judge was not interested. The public defender, which got me convicted will not defend me and I need to motion for a change of venue and an appeal.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes and I am reporting the public defender to the state bar
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a stack of papers proving my innocence
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 1 month ago.

what are you specifically asking?

I would like to help