Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

S****, Vic I was assaulted by head in a hotel. The person

Customer Question

Hi my name is*********, JA: In what state did this occur? Customer: Vic I was assaulted by head butt in a hotel. The person who did this was charged by the police. It went to court and the person who did this was dismissed. He lied about the incident but what I am concerned about is I had no say in providing my side of the incident and they did not read my independent witness statement. I feelike the criminal. JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet? Customer: No JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: no

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LegalPro54 replied 2 months ago.

Good evening and welcome. I'm very sorry to hear about this incident. What specifically is your question?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Why was the person that head butted me the only one to give evidence and myself nor my witness statement was read. This man also lied.
Is there any way I can find out what or if any charges were laid against him. I was not required at court.

Thank you. I would not assume that your witness statement was not read. The entire case stems from your altercation with this individual, so your statement would be the most pertinent piece of evidence in the prosecution's case. Just because the case was dismissed doesn't mans your statement wasn't read.

As for finding out what charges was filed, you can go to the courthouse and ask to look up the file for criminal charges against the man. The court clerk should be able to give you a copy of the criminal complaint, which will contain the charges.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....